Meeting the Unique Challenges of Healthcare Organizations
Cyberattacks on Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) and hospital networks are a real and growing threat.
Zingbox IoT Guardian is not only designed to secure IoT networks but it extends beyond traditional security solutions to offer operational insights, compliance (e.g., HIPAA, HITECH) and predictive measures for the entire IoT environment.
Internet of Medical Things (IoMT)
The most deployed healthcare IoT solution to build trusted, optimized, and autonomous IoT.
How Can You Benefit from Zingbox?
“Unprotected medical devices are our top security vulnerability since traditional IT best practices do not apply to medical devices.”
- Visibility and risk assessment of the entire medical IT network.
- Context-aware microsegmentation.
- Insight into real-time inventory.
- Uninterrupted, quality patient care.
“Our network is smart and can dynamically onboard IT devices, but this capability is not extended to IoT assets. Manual onboarding is a real challenge.”
- Medical device behavioral analysis (using ML/AI) for baselining and anomaly detection.
- Manage the entire IoMT lifecycle.
- Use existing tools while making them medical device-aware.
“We don’t have insight into a device’s location, its usage or whether or not it’s secured. We also lack visibility into a real-time inventory of IoMT devices in operation.”
- Visibility into device operation & communications (no agents req’d).
- Remediation suggestions to get more from existing equipment.
- Ensure continuous operation/ availability of medical devices.
Healthcare Use Cases
Gain complete situational awareness with a dynamic, real-time and context-aware inventory containing a complete record (vendor, model, serial number, operating system, and other parameters) of all your network-connected assets based on deep insights into their network behaviors.
Create policies for diverse groups of IoMT devices based on their identities and context-of-use, while also applying principles of least privilege. Get recommendations for compensating controls that can protect your assets without decommissioning them.
With sensitive information often flowing through the IoMT infrastructure, auditors are taking increased interest in ensuring security and safety compliance. Zingbox allows you to monitor medical devices in real-time and maintain an audit trail of configuration and behavioral changes for compliance reporting.
Service contract reporting
Hospitals often have service agreements with vendors for remotely monitoring, servicing and troubleshooting assets. Since Zingbox monitors every network activity, you can view and report on these rendered services.
Zingbox IoT Guardian for Healthcare
Zingbox invented a personality-based approach to IoT security that discerns each device’s behaviors, detects suspicious activities through self-learning, and enforces trust in all connected devices. In addition, by analyzing thousands of clinical assets each day, Zingbox IOT Guardian is able to help healthcare organizations optimize utilization and reduce total cost of ownership. It can also share its data with an enterprise asset management solution so you can manage your IT, IoT, and IoMT assets from a single system.
- Identify, classify, and inventory connected medical/IoT devices
- Use deep learning and AI to analyze device behavior, and assess vulnerabilities and risks
- View asset records enriched with contextual data
- Meet security and compliance (e.g., HIPAA) requirements
- Provide device utilization and operational insights to improve capital planning
- Proactively manage devices to minimize maintenance and lower TCO
- Improve patient experience and reduce wait times
- Link to enterprise applications (IT, OT and business)
- Real-time IoT monitoring system with automated enforcement when needed
- Autonomous IoT orchestration; leverages existing security infrastructure and makes it IoT aware
- Self-learning via the use of AI and sophisticated Deep Learning algorithms
- PHI leakage & Application Risk Analysis
- AI-powered Security Risk Assessment
An Industry Under Attack: Threat Report on Connected Medical Devices
Detailed analysis of connected medical devices across 50 hospitals in 2017.
The Implications of IT/OT Convergence for Healthcare
As the Internet of Things (IoT) brings together the worlds of IT and OT (clinical assets), how will these new challenges affect your organization?
Chief Information Security Officer
University of Iowa Health Care