This holiday season, the ZingBox team celebrated its achievements in this past year and prepared for even greater success in the coming one.
2016 has been a pivotal year for ZingBox as well as the IoT security industry. The current vulnerable security posture of the IoT infrastructure can be illustrated best by the following 2016 events:
- Hospitals became the new targets of DDoS and ransomware attacks
- Regulations were drafted to address security of connected medical devices: FDA released the Postmarket Management of Cybersecurity in Medical Devices Draft Guidance
- Manufacturing industry experienced cyber-attacks on their production lines, sensors, PLCs and SCADA systems. It is now one of the most frequently attacked industries – second only to Healthcare
- Hacked IoT devices were used to launch the largest scale DDoS attack ever
- Ukraine’s power grid was attacked, Industrial Control Systems were compromised
ZingBox has come a long way in the short time since we began a few years ago. We now offer a complete suite of security controls for protecting the IoT infrastructure. Some of our notable milestones from the past year include:
- Our solution ZingBox IoT Guardian was deployed at healthcare, educational, and manufacturing facilities around the globe
- We detected the Mirai attack even before it was known as Mirai, and secured our customer’s IoT devices
- We participated and presented at several national and international conferences on Internet of Things security as a panelist and keynote speaker
- Our IoT security news and advice blog was initiated. Check out our first one!
- We grew steadily; now with employees in Mountain View and New York offices
- ZingBox was named by Tim Greene, Senior Editor at Network World as one of the hottest security startups
- We became an IoT Security Technical Partner of Amazon Web Services Partner Network
We are looking forward to celebrating the holidays and starting the new year off with a lot of energy and optimism. We hope you have a wonder-filled and peaceful holiday season and that you’ll be a continued reader of our blog and potential partner or customer of ours, if you’re not one already.
We can’t wait to start serving more customers and adding more IoT security industry milestones to our achievement record.
Here’s to a bountiful and positive 2017!